Help us to celebrate Pride in Diversity
Monday 15th May – Diversity in Art & Literature
- Alison and students from Harrogate College talking about their art competition entries,
- Becky Rigg, a Harrogate-based artist talking about her recent exhibition in the town
- Jenni Eden, discussing her project ‘The Awakening’
- James Nash, discussing and reading from his work.
Tuesday 16th May – Diversity in Action
An Evening with charitable organisations across the Harrogate District and representative from Harrogate Borough Council; discussing their work within the community.
Wednesday 17th May – Diversity in Sport
- Professor Gough will be talk about masculinity and homophobia.
- Daniel McGeachie is Head of Communications at Harrogate Town Football Club.
- Sarah Williams MBE was the Equality and Diversity Manager for Rugby Football League, and now runs Scarlett’s Vintage Tea Rooms in Knaresborough.
- Leeds Hunters is Yorkshires Premier Inclusive Rugby Union team, for gay, bisexual & straight men. The Leeds Hunters is currently Yorkshire’s only ‘inclusive’ rugby club. The club was formed in late 2016 in response to a growing need for a safer space for gay and bisexual men to develop their rugby skills.
A newly formed club, The Leeds Hunters’ primary aim is to promote inclusivity across the board. All men aged 18 or over are welcome to join – irrespective of race, sexual orientation, build and ethnicity, as well as level of fitness or experience. Although the club was originally conceptualised with the needs of gay and bisexual men in mind, The Leeds Hunters will always ensure accessibility for all members of our local community, as well as promote understanding and tolerance, drawing strength from both differences and similarities.
- Kellie Maloney will discuss her experiences and story within sport.
Thursday 18th May – Diversity in Performing Arts
- Pauline Quirke Academy, HArrogate will perform for us.
- Suzanna Dee will perform some songs from her new EP.
- Jess Rowbottom will perform songs from her new album.
- Paul Ivison will talk about his time working for the LGBT press, and also discuss some photographs from this time.
Friday 19th May – Faithful Conversations
A panel discussion with Professor John Adams (Humanist), Matt Thornfield (Jewish), Adam Aslam (Muslim) and Rev. Dr Christina Beardsley (Christian), around their perspective issue surrounding diversity.
Each evening will be from 7pm at the Crown Hotel
For more information find us on Eventbrite.