The co-ordinating team are shocked and appalled at the actions of Matthew Sargeant.
Pride in Diversity affirms it’s belief that any child, young person or vulnerable adult should never experience abuse of any kind. We are committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all who attend our events.
Our Safeguarding policy can be found here: Pride in Diversity Safeguarding- 2018
Safeguarding children is defined in Working together to safeguard children as:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
Safeguarding vulnerable adults is defined in the Care and support statutory guidance issued under the Care Act 2014 as:
- protecting the rights of adults to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect
- people and organisations working together to prevent and stop both the risks and experience of abuse or neglect
- people and organisations making sure that the adult’s wellbeing is promoted including, where appropriate, taking fully into account their views, wishes, feelings and beliefs in deciding on any action
- recognising that adults sometimes have complex interpersonal relationships and may be ambivalent, unclear or unrealistic about their personal circumstances and therefore potential risks to their safety or well-being